New Life Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Declaration of Principles
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, being in its entirety a revelation given to man under Divine inspiration and providence; that its historic statements are correct, and that it is the only Divine and infallible standard of faith and practice. (Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-16; John 17:17)
2. We believe, as revealed in the Bible:
a. In one God, our Father, eternal, and infinite in His wisdom, love and power, the Creator of all things, “in whom we live, and move, and have our being.” (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 40:28)
b. And in Jesus Christ, our Lord, the only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; who came into our world to seek and to save that which was lost; who died for our sins, who was raised bodily from the dead for our justification; who ascended into heaven as our High Priest and Mediator, and who will come again in the end of this age, to judge the living and the dead, and to reign forever and ever. (1 Timothy 3:16)
c. And in the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, sent from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, whereby we are sanctified and sealed unto the day of redemption. (John 14:16, 26; John 16:7-11; Ephesians 1:13-14)
3. We believe that man was created for immortality, but that through sin he forfeited His Divine birthright; that because of sin, death entered into the world, and passed upon all men; and that only through faith in Jesus Christ, the divinely ordained Life-giver, can men become “partakers of the divine nature,” and live forever. (2 Timothy 1:10, Romans 2:7; 1 Corinthians 15:22, 51-54)
4. We believe that death is a condition of unconsciousness to all persons, righteous and wicked; a condition which will remain unchanged until the resurrection at Christ’s Second Coming, at which time the righteous will receive everlasting life while the wicked will be punished with everlasting destruction; suffering complete extinction of being. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; Job 14:14; John 5:28, 29; Matthew 19:28)
5. We believe that salvation is free to all those who, in this life and in this age, accept it on the conditions imposed, which conditions are simple and inflexible; namely, turning from sin, repentance toward God, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and a life of consecration to the service of God, thus excluding all hope of a future probation, or of universal salvation. (John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 6:1-2; Luke 13:22-30)
6. We believe that Jesus Christ, according to His promise, will come again to this earth, even in like manner as He went into heaven–personally, visibly, and gloriously–to reign here forever; and that this coming is the hope of the Church, inasmuch as upon that coming depend the resurrection and the reward of the righteous, the abolition of sin and its consequences, and the renewal of the earth–now marred by sin–to become the eternal home of the redeemed, after which event the earth will be forever free from sin and death. (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 22:12-13)
7. We believe that Bible prophecy has indicated the approximate time of Christ’s return; and comparing its testimony with the signs of our times, we are confident that He is near, even at the doors, and we believe that the great duty of the hour is the proclamation of this soon coming redemption, the defense of Bible authority, inspiration and truth, and the salvation of lost men. (2 Peter 1:19-21; Matthew 24:42-45; Revelation 22:17)
8. We believe the church of Christ is an institution of divine origin, which includes all true Christians of whatever name; but that local church organizations should be independent of outside control, congregational in government, and subject to no dictation of priest, bishop or pope–although true fellowship and unity of action should exist between all such organizations. (Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 4:11-16)
9. We believe that the only ordinances of the church of Christ are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper; immersion being the only true baptism. (Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
10. We believe that the first day of the week, as the day set apart by the early church in commemoration of Christ’s resurrection, should be observed as the Christian Sabbath, and used as a day of rest and religious worship. (Psalms 118:22-24; Luke 24:1-12; 1 Corinthians 16:2)
11. We believe that war is contrary to the spirit and teachings of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ; that it is contrary to the spirit of true brotherhood, and that our influence should be used against it. We believe the Bible also teaches that properly constituted government is ordained of God and is a divine instrument for man’s welfare and protection. When an Advent Christian decides on the basis of Scripture and conscience, either to bear arms or to submit to penalties imposed for his refusal to do so, local Advent Christian congregations should extend continued fellowship and nurture. (Romans 13:1-7; Matthew 15:15-22)
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost; Born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; The holy catholic Church; The Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the Life everlasting. Amen.
The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.
And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.
And I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.